Millions of tourists visit Nepal each year and most of them are here to trek. Trek to Mount Everest May is the most famous trekking activities in Nepal. Getting to the footstep of Mount Everest, the world’s highest mountain is a lifetime achievement. Everest Base Camp in May is possible during any time of the trek year. Every season has its own unique adventure to offer. In Nepal, may mark the beginning of summer and end of spring. It is among the peak month to trek to the summit the mountain. The skies are clear during the day and the morning and evening allow a breathtaking sunrise view of the Himalayan vista. Here is everything about Mount Everest May.
- 1 Mount Everest May Highlight:
- 2 Mount Everest May Weather:
- 3 Recommended Mount Everest May routes:
- 4 Everest Base Camp Trek in May with Island Peak:
- 5 Mount Everest May tips:
- 6 Conclusion:
Mount Everest May Highlight:
- Trekking to the base of the world’s highest mountain, i.e Mount Everest (5380 m)
- Short adventurous flight to Lukla
- Clear blue skies most with great sunrise and sunset view
- Visit Namche Bazaar (3450m), the world’s highest trade market
- Visit Tengboche Monastery (3867m)
- Witness the magnificent mountain view from Kala Patthar (5545m)
- View of the majestic mountains like Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Cho Oyu, and other surrounding mountain peaks.
- Visit Khumbu Glacier, the largest glacier of Nepal.
- Experience of unique culture and hospitality of Tibetan culture.
Mount Everest May Weather:
The weather at Everest Base Camp in May ranges from mild to moderate. The days might get hot as the summer is in its doorstep but the mornings and nights are cold and chilly. The skies are clear but you might experience some downpour. The monsoon is sometimes early and gets around May. So it is best to check the weather forecast before you book the seats.
During early May, the outdoors is pretty dry which allows the clear view of majestic mountains up on the horizon. The temperature during the daytime is between 20 to 30 degrees and 10 to 15 degrees during the night.
Recommended Mount Everest May routes:
12 days Everest Base Camp/Kalapatthar Trek
Trek to Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar is most popular treks to undertake in Nepal. The month of May attracts many trekkers to the Everest region as the skies are clear. You can get to witness the world’s highest mountains as Mount Lhotse, Mount Nuptse, Pumori, Ama Dablam, and many others without any obstruction.
May is the end of spring so you might get some rainfall in the lower hilly region. You will experience wildlife, different types of flowers, and plants.
Shivalaya – Gokyo-Chola Pass -EBC Trekking:
This is the interesting classical route introduced by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa in 1953 AD. Your trek starts with a drive to “Shivalaya (1700 m)”. Then you will pass through Bhandar, Kinja, Junbesi, KhariKhola, Phakding and then Namche. The overall trekking trail takes 24 days. During April, the sky is clear and the majestic views of mountains add to the excitement of your trekking.
Everest Panorama Trekking:
Mount Everest May means an awesome Journey. The Everest Panorama Trek is a short trek that allows the magnificent mountain view without having to sweat on strenuous treks. Thamserku, Ama Dablam, Mt. Lhotse, and many other mountain peaks are easily visible during the trek. You can also enjoy the culture and lifestyle of the Sherpa people. The trek also starts with a beautiful scenic mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,875 m). During the month of April, the Everest Panorama Trekking is refreshing and safe.
Everest Base Camp Trek in May with Island Peak:
Everest Base Camp Trek with Island Peak needs extra effort and preparation. This trek is renowned for adventurous mountain climb to the Island Peak at the altitude of 6189m. The trek is physically demanding, but it is worth all the effort. The majestic mountain peaks as Mt Ama Dablam, Mt. Mera Peak, Mt Lhotse, and Mt. Everest is visible from Island Peak.
The trekking starts with a scenic flight to Lukla and then trek to Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, Lobuche, Gorak Shep and finally Everest Base Camp. After Everest Base Camp, you can trek to Kala Patthar, Dingboche, and finally trek to Island Peak.
If you are planning to climb mount Everest in May, read this
Mount Everest May tips:
- Hire a Professional Guide who helps you show the trek and book the tea houses and guest houses
- Get a porter who carries your load
- Train yourself until your body gets prepared for the high altitude trek
- Since the daylight is Longer, start your trek early in the morning
- Since it’s a peak month, advance Booking in tea house will prepare you for future hassles.
- Hydrate well and take care your body
Mount Everest May is an awesome journey. The right kind of arrangements can make it even more fun. Book your trip here for the best kind of services.