Gosaikunda Lake trek is popular among the adventure freaks to Nepal. It rests at an altitude of 4,380 meters at the highlands of the Langtang Region. Gosaikunda lies in the north of Rasuwa District towards the north of Kathmandu Valley. The region has dozens of alpine freshwater lakes including Bhairav Kunda and Saraswati Kunda. Gosainkunda is a holy lake for both Hindus and Buddhists which is crowded during the month of August. We are going to present Gosaikunda Trek Cost: A Detail Report in this article.
Gosaikunda Trek Highlights
- Explore Gosaikunda lake including dozens of its associates
- Cross Laurebina Pass, 4654 m above sea level
- Witness the amazing views of Langtang, Himal Chuli, Ganesh, and more
- Get to interact with Tamang settlements in the region
- Visit ancient monasteries including Singh Gompa
- Discover rear flora and fauna in Langtang National Park
Gosaikunda Trek Cost
The cost of Gosaikunda Trek is around $400 to $600 USD. This is the cost of neatly arranged travel packages by travel agencies. If you trek on yourself, you will save a few dollars but making every arrangement on your own can be hectic. The cost trekking permits, accommodation, transportation and means throughout the trek.
The number of days, routes, accommodation choice and even the trekking season affect your expenses.
Langtang Gosaikunda Trek Cost
If you combine your Gosaikunda trek with the trek to Langtang Valley, you will add about 4 – 5 days more on your trek which costs between $650 USD to $1000 USD.
Here is the detail of the major costs you spend during your Gosaikunda trek.
Foreigners have to issue some permits for Gosaikunda trek. They are:
TIMS Card – costs about Nrs. 1000 if applied through a trekking agency and Nrs. 2000 if you apply on your own.
Langtang National Park Entry Permit which costs US $30 plus 13 % VAT
From airport to hotel, travelers pay around US $10 – US $20 as taxi fares. Besides that, your trek begins with a jeep ride and also ends in a ride. If your starting and ending point is Dhunche, then it around you about US $ 20 for the roundtrip.
But if the starting and ending point of your trek is only Sundarijal, the cost is slightly low.
Accommodation in Kathmandu
During your stay in Kathmandu, you will be accommodated in a 3-star hotel. Your stay in Nepal’s capital Kathmandu is usually two days. The accommodation in Kathmandu including meals costs around $30-$50 each day.
Accommodation with Full Board Meals
During your trek, you will be accommodated in tea houses with basic facilities. You will stay in a tea house for 4-5 days in total. The accommodation and full meal in teahouses cost US $40 to US $70. Each room in a tea house has a bed, blanket, and other few required items.
Guides and Porters Cost
Hiring an experienced guide for your trek costs around US $20 – US $30 each day. Likewise, you will also need to hire a porter who charges about US $15 – $20 per day. If you book a package, they will look after all these costs.
- Visa fee on arrival to Nepal which costs US $25 for 15 d30 days and US $100 for 90 days.
- International flight fare from your home country to Kathmandu is not included in your travel package
- Any soft or hard drinks
- Travel insurance which is generally done in your home country is not included (Note: Some travel insurances do not include high altitudes trekking so make sure your insurance policy covers hiking to at least 5,000 meters)
- Tips for porters and guides are not compulsory, but it is expected. If their service made you, you can reward them with tips.
- Personal expenses like phone bills, battery charging costs, WiFi charges, etc. incur at times is not included.
If you want to minimize the Gosaikunda trek cost, Contact us and let us plan your awesome trip. We will provide you the best service at a reasonable price and help you to make your tour an amazing experience.