This article is about Everest Base Camp packing list for Female. Everest base Camp is a popular destination and the list can help you make the trip awesome. Also read Everest Base camp packing for male.
The clothing and gear mostly rely on the season of your trek. The days can be sunny, and sweaty while the nights can be very cold with the temperature dropping below 0 degree Celsius. Also, you should be prepared for a situation like cold, diarrhea, altitude sickness, etc. So right Everest packing is important.
Everest Base Camp Introduction:
Women, all over the world, have been breaking boundaries set by the traditional mindset. One of such adventures is a pioneer woman going hand-to-hand with their male counterparts for trekking and mountain climbing. Junko Tabei climbed Mount Everest, the world’s the highest peak in 1985 and encouraged the women’s to take a chance to build up their courage.
If you are an adventure seeker who loves to climb the highest challenges known to mankind, Everest Base Camp could be your ultimate destination. The trek to the 5360m is challenging, thrilling and rewarding as climbing the peak itself. You will need a lot of courage, training, and preparation for a great time at Everest Base Camp. But packing the right gear for the trip makes a huge difference in your trek experience.
Everest Base Camp trek is a challenging trek, you need to pass through the varied trails across the rural villages and the remote mountains. The trail does not have a great shopping spot and you need to carry everything on your own. The right clothes and accessories can make your trek easy, comfortable, and fun. Here is the Everest Base Camp packing list for Female.
Clothes are the most important thing in Everest Base Camp packing list for Female. As the day and night temperature fluctuates, you need to carry enough clothes for layering. Since days can sunny and sweaty while the nights can be chilly, you should be able to layer down or up accordingly.
- Trousers: A pair of trousers convertible trouser so that you can wear them as shorts or pants as per to the weather and trekking conditions.
- T-shirts: At least 2 breathable t-shirts, or more as you might not get enough time for laundry during the trek
- Long-sleeved shirts: a pair of long-sleeved shirts to protect yourself from the sun, cold and wind
- Socks: 2 pairs of lining socks, 2 pair padded trekking socks and 2 pairs trekking socks
- Vest top: During the sunny days, you will need a vest top
- Underpants: around 6 pairs of underpants so that you don’t have to wear a sweaty one.
- Bras: Regular bras for resting days and sports bras for trekking days
- Thermal Innerwear: A pair of thermals will protect you from the cold of the mountain
- Fleece Jacket: A lightweight fleece for daytime trekking
- Down Jacket: During the winter season, you will experience extreme low temperature at high elevations
- Gloves: light-weight, quick-drying gloves, waterproof gloves for summer trek and heavy gloves for a winter trek
- Raincoats: traveling during June- September, needs umbrellas and rainproof trousers.
- Hats: A lightweight hats to prevent form sunburns and tans.
- Headband/Balaclava: A headband to keep your hair in place,
Comfortable boots with good traction make the trek a lot easier. Your boots should not give you blisters, discomfort or bruises during the entire trek. You will need a durable, good–quality trekking shoe. Everest Base Camp packing list for Female must contain a easy-to-wear trekking boots.
For every day trips to the bathroom at tea-houses and during the leisure days, you will need a sandal.
If you trekking in the coldest months, you will need down shoes to keep your feet warm at night.
Being a high elevation trek, you might suffer from regular colds, diarrhea or Altitude sickness during EBC climb. It’s good to carry all the possible medication.
- Diamox: It prevents altitude sickness.
- Blister plasters: Prevents from the blisters given by ill-fitting shoes or bruises on the trails
- Painkillers: You might get a headache or cold at high elevations
- Water purification tablet: Buyin bottled mineral water, in the trails is expensive, so carry your own purification tablets
- Isotonic Powders: They provide energy throughout the day
You might also need paracetamol, Neosporin for wounds, Imodium for diarrhea, muscle rubs, strepsils, and antacids. Everest Base Camp packing list for Female must contain these medicines.
Due to the change in taste of regular food, the appetite usually suffers. So having snacks of your liking (chocolates, protein bars, and trail mix) from home is good. Right food should always be a part of Everest Base Camp packing list for Female.
You can also carry Muesli mix and instant tea so you can get hot water and have a cheap, easy meal during the trail.
Everest Base Camp packing list for Female should have these trekking gears.
- Trekking Poles
- Water Bottle
- Trekking Towel
- Batteries/ Chargers
- Small flag or badge of your country
- Personal Items for Everest Base Camp Trek
- Lip Balms
- Wet wipes
- Toilet papers
- First aid kit
- Duct tape
- Solar Chargers
- Baby powder
- Travel-size Shampoo /Soap
- Small comb
- Tampons/ Sanitary Pads
- Moisturizer for face and body
- Pocket Knives
- Nail clippers
Trekking bags: Lightweight, waterproof and durable trekking bags with comfortable straps and sturdy zippers.
The porter carries your duffel bag, while you need to carry a backpack with essentials on your own.
Sleeping Bags:Sleeping bags provide comfort and warmth for a good night’s sleep. You can either buy them or rent from Thamel at cheap rates.
Bag locks: bag locks for your rucksack for or duffel bag for security.
Most Important one:
This was the complete guide. Hope the list will be helpful for you. Everest Base Camp packing list for Female.
There are many awesome treks in Everest region along with Everest Base Camp trek.
Contact us here and book your journey to Everest. We will definitely make your experience awesome.