Nepal can be a called a trekking paradise, but there are still tons more you can do here. From bungee jumping to the deepest gorge to skydiving in the world’s tallest mountain, there are many adventures for you. One of them is a Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour. Mount Everest Helicopter tour allows you to have a close-up view of majestic Everest without hurting your shanks. Mount Everest Helicopter tour price is low but yet luxurious a way to explore the beauty of the world’s tallest mountain.
Trekking in Nepal for weeks to the foothill of majestic Everest is not always possible. Either it is the time or the health constraints, trekking is sometimes impossible. But as they say “Where there is will, there is a way”, you can get to the Everest Base Camp within a couple of hours in a helicopter tour from Kathmandu. And the mount Everest Helicopter tour is no less amazing than trekking to the base camp.
Here is everything about Mount Everest by Helicopter Tour.
- 1 Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour Highlights:
- 2 Mount Everest Helicopter tour views:
- 3 Where helicopter on Everest land?
- 4 Helicopter Mount Everest Tour Cost:
- 5 Booking requirements:
- 6 Best Time for Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour Highlights:
- The short and luxurious flight which is full mesmerizing views of valleys, hills, and mountains.
- Explore entire Everest region in just four-hour-long day tour
- Possible for any age group and health condition people who cannot trek to the Base Camp
- Aerial view of the world’s most celebrated trekking destination ie the Everest region.
- Landing at Lukla which is an entry point to Everest Base Camp Trek
- Landing at Kala Patthar (5643m) where you can get the amazing panoramic view of Everest, Lhotse, and Pumori. This is definitely the photographers’ paradise.
- Enjoy a five-star-luxury at Hotel Everest View. Breakfast/lunch with a view of the world’s highest mountain in a hotel that gives five-star experience
Sounds amazing, right?
Mount Everest Helicopter tour views:
In a helicopter tour, you will see the majestic mountains peaks from a birds-eye perspective and experience the thin air of mountains. Also, the views of rivers, forests, glaciers, and Sherpa villages will unfold after leaving Kathmandu. Aerial view of the Everest region, villages like Namche Bajar, Khumjung, and Gorakshep, Tengboche Monastery from above, Alpine forests, rivers and Khumbu glacier’s views
Picture perfect views of stunning mountains like Mount Everest (8848m), Lhotse, Dablam, and Cho-Oyu will appear at arm’s length. View of Pumori, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse and Khumbu Ice Fall so close to your eyes.
Where helicopter on Everest land?
The Helicopter will land at four different places- Lukla, Syangboche, Kalapatthar, and Everest Base Camp respectively. Landing at these places is full of beautiful scenery. You will also get to experience the Sherpa culture and hospitality. You will get to have breakfast at Hotel Everest View- the world’s highest altitude luxury hotels.
Helicopter Mount Everest Tour Cost:
Everest Base Camp helicopter tour can be booked in neatly arranged packages by a different travel agency. The helicopter tour to Everest from Kathmandu is obviously not cheap, but it’s worth the value for money you pay. Everest Base Camp helicopter flight from Kathmandu cost somewhere between US$ 1175 to US $2000 per person.
The cost starts at around USD 1000/ person. But if you alone, the costs can go up to $2000 as well. If you have a group of your own (4 to 6 people) it gets even cheaper.
However, if you do not hire a guide, the Helicopter tour cost further decreases. Having a guide is always a good idea as they will narrate you about the mountains and villages you see during the flight. Also, they help you interact with the Sherpa people while on land. But its all your choice to have them or not.
You can also try Mountain Flight in Everest. This is a slight different experience that Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour but it is equally fun.
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour Itinerary
- Pick up from Hotel in Kathmandu
- 45 to 55 mins Kathmandu to Lukla Airport where you stop for 10 to 15 mins
- Lukla to Everest Base Camp or Kala Patthar (25 minutes flight) and landing for 10 to 15 minutes
- 12 mins Flight from Kala Patthar/Everest Base Camp to Syangboche and landing for 45 minutes where you will have breakfast/ meal.
- 1 hour and 20 minutes flight from Syangboche to Lukla to Kathmandu
- Transfer to hotel
- Airport pick up and hotel drop
- Experienced English speaking guide to
- chartered helicopter charge with an experienced pilot
- All government and local taxes
- All landing charges in the Everest region
- Applicable value-added tax and service charges
- Emergency oxygen bottle and medical kits
- Rental of some personal gear such as down jacket
- All necessary permits to Everest region
- Visa fees to Nepal
- International Airfare to Nepal
- Personal and Medical Insurance which is done in your home country
- Food and accommodation costs in Kathmandu
If you had to cancel your trip after making the booking, inform your travel agency in advance. They might be able to refund you as per their booking terms and conditions or suggest the next available time frame.
If there is delay or cancellation of flights due to extreme weather and unforeseeable reasons, the company will make its best effort to rearrange the schedule.
- Full credentials or a copy of your passport
- your weight details
- 20 to 30% amount of the total package (You can pay the rest of the amount before the flight)
Best Time for Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
The best seasons for Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour in Nepal are spring and autumn. The weather condition during these months makes a day tour to Everest Base Camp pleasant and the temperature is also moderate.
Spring (March to May) is full of bloom with wildflowers while autumn (September to November) offers clear skies and major festivals celebration. December to February is freezing cold, but the sky is still clear and the snow in the mountains in thick. Thus, the view is even more beautiful. But summer, which is also a monsoon in Nepal- June to August are not recommended for Everest Base Camp tour
To book our Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour with landing here, Please contact us here. We guarantee you can the amazing flight experience at the best price.