Trekking in the Annapurna is one of the most splendid things in the world. There are many options for trekking in the Annapurna region and you need special permit to trek in the region. Annapurna circuit trek permit, Annapurna Base Camp trek permit and Annapurna Panorama trek permit are all same. Here is the detail of Annapurna Permit costs.
Annapurna region introduction:
Annapurna region has been listed as one of the most-preferred long-distance treks in the world. It is a moderate level trek which gives the experience of the classic Himalayan trails. Annapurna trek takes you to the varied landscapes from hills to the mountains to the deserted land behind the Himalayas. You can witness the world’s highest mountains as Annapurna (I- IV), Manaslu, Gangapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machapuchar, etc along with beautiful waterfalls, lakes, cliffs, suspension bridges, forest, stupas, monasteries and the world’s deepest gorge- Kali Gandaki. Before going for the trek, there are some permits you need to issue from the tourism board.
This article of Annapurna Permit costs will help you make your budget for the trek. Annapurna Permit costs is lower in comparison to the trekking in restricted regions.
TIMS card costs:
Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) is a must-have for every trekker in Nepal. Also, this is a basic permit implemented by Nepal Tourism Board and Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal to ensure the security of every trekker wishing to trek in Nepal.
ANCAP card costs:
The Annapurna region was declared to be a conservation area by the government of Nepal in 1992. Now it is the largest protected area in Nepal. Although the Annapurna Conservation area covers the part of Manang, Myagdi and Lamjung district, it is also spreaded over Mustang districts of Nepal. It was established to create a sustainable economic and social development of the local people of the region. Also, it is managed by the National Trust for Nature Conservation.
Every trekker needs to purchase Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ANCAP) before they trek to the Annapurna region. You should also learn more about trekking in Nepal costs.
Annapurna Permit costs:
The cost of TIMS card per person is as follows:
SAARC nationals: $6
All other nationals: about $200
The ANCAP cost per person:
SAARC nationals: about $2
ALL other nationals: about $200
Note: Any trekker below 10 years of age doesn’t need to purchase this permit.
Terms and conditions for the ANCAP:
- This permit is valid for single entry only.
- It is non-refundable, nontransferable.
- The permit holder can enter through all the designated areas within the Annapurna Conservation Area.
- Any individual inside the Conservation Area is abide by the National Park and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1973.
- The permit holder should have the entry permit at all times of the trek and should be presented to a concerned individual of the Conservation Area when asked to.
- Entry permits to the conservation area should be obtained before entering the conservation area.
- Under Special circumstances, a permit can be issued from the check posts upon payment of 100% additional charge.
The entry permits costs are lower for groups than to the individuals.
SAARC nationals: about $3 per person.
All other nationals: about $10 per person.
Where to get Annapurna trek permits?
Annapurna Permit costs is low, but issuing them can sometimes be hard. The most convenient place to get your permits in Kathmandu- Nepal Tourism Board, Bhrikutimandap, Kathmandu, Nepal. The office of the Nepal Tourism Board is located at 20 minutes walking distance from Thamel. Also, the office opens from 10:00 to 17:00 on all days except for national holidays.
You can also get the permits at Nepal Tourism Board, Pardi Damside Pokhara. You can also get the permits in Besisahar, headquarter of Lamjung from the ACAP permit counter.
How to apply for Annapurna trekking permits?
- Entry Permit Application Form- forms for
- Two copies of your recent passport,
- 4 passport size photos,
- Detailed itinerary of your trek (for eg: 18 days itinerary for Annapurna Circuit Trek, 15 days itinerary for Annapurna Circuit Trek).
- Nepali currency to pay for the forms;
Annapurna Permit costs is same for all the trekking routes in Annapurna region. Contact us here to book your Annapurna. We can make the best arrangements for you. You don’t have to worry about getting permits and any other arrangements.