If you are planning a trekking trip to Annapurna base camp in June, you must be wondering if its the right time. You might also be thinking of weather in Annapurna Base camp in June? Here you can learn about accommodation at Annapurna Base Camp Trek accommodation in June and Annapurna Base Camp temperature in June.
As June is the starting of the summer monsoon, it’s is considered as off-season for trekking in Himalayas of Nepal. But once the rain pours down, the beauty of the mountain is enhanced- you can catch the sharpest views after rainfall. Also, most of the rain pours during evening and night, so the trek during the day is not that tough. Here is a detail of Annapurna Base camp in June:
- 1 Highlights of Annapurna Base Camp in June:
- 2 Annapurna Base Camp in June temperature:
- 3 Annapurna Base Camp Trek Duration:
- 4 Annapurna Base Camp Trek Physical Fitness:
- 5 Annapurna Base Camp Accommodation
- 6 Annapurna Base Camp Trek with or without a Guide:
- 7 Tips for Annapurna Base Camp in June:
- 8 Conclusion
Highlights of Annapurna Base Camp in June:
- Trekking to the base of majestic Annapurna
- Scenic flight to Pokhara
- Beautiful sunrises and sunsets view from Poonhill in clear morning
- Stay at Ghorepani, Tadapani, Ghandruk, and other Gurung Villages
- Visit numerous stupas along the way
- Experience of a unique lifestyle and culture of the remote Himalayan
- Stunning mountain view
Annapurna Base Camp in June temperature:
June in Nepal marks the summer with occasional rainfall. As the monsoon coincides with summer, the temperature is pleasurably warm. As you climb higher, the precipitation decreases. The region above 4000m receives only very little rain. And as the rain usually pours during afternoon or night, you can trek during the warm mornings and sunny days.
The average day temperature in the Annapurna region during June is around 15-degree centigrade. The temperature in the base camp during the night can fall as low to 2 degrees. Even during June, you will need a zero degrees sleeping bag for the night. The rainfall is quite less in Month of May.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Duration:
The duration of Annapurna Base Camp Trek depends on the trekking package you choose. The package can range from 7 to 15 days.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Physical Fitness:
Trekking to Base Camp Trek is obviously not a piece of cake. You need to ascend for 6/8 hours on a daily basis. So, anyone with heart and lungs problem should not attempt to the Base Camp trek without doctors concern.
Annapurna Base Camp Accommodation
Most of the tea houses in the region provide you with basic accommodation. As there is only less number of trekkers during June, you get to choose from the available tea houses. If you are trekking in the Annapurna region during June, you don’t even need to pre-book your rooms.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek with or without a Guide:
During the month of June, it is suggested to hire a guide. An experienced guide will not only aware you about the weather but also provide you all the necessary information on the trails. And since there will be few trekkers in the trail, there is also the chances of getting lost without a guide.
Tips for Annapurna Base Camp in June:
- Being the walk early in the morning- afternoon might get the rainfall
- Carry enough warm clothes
- Hire a local porter to carry your loads
- Learn to enjoy the trail while walking in the rain;
- Explore the beauty of many wildflowers and wildlife on the trails.
Trekking the Annapurna Base Camp in June is fun with proper preparation. All you need is a flexible time schedule and the right gears. Yes, the rain obviously makes the trails a bit more challenging, yet it’s a unique and rewarding adventure.
Contact us here to book your Annapurna Base Camp trek in June. We can make the best arrangements for you.