Are you planning a trek to Annapurna base camp in July? Then you must be wondering if July is the right time. You might also be thinking of Annapurna Base Camp July temperature.
As July is the end of the summer monsoon, it’s also the off-season for trekking in Himalayas of Nepal. But the beauty of the mountain is enhanced as the rain pours down- you can catch the sharpest views after rainfall. And since most of the rain pours during evening or night, the trek during the day is not that tough with the right gear. Here is everything you need to know about Annapurna Base Camp in July.
- 1 Highlights of Annapurna Base Camp in July:
- 2 Annapurna Base Camp weather in July:
- 3 Duration of Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
- 4 Physical Fitness for Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
- 5 Accommodation in Annapurna in July:
- 6 Annapurna in July with or without a Guide:
- 7 Tips for Annapurna Base Camp in July:
- 8 Conclusion
Highlights of Annapurna Base Camp in July:
- Trekking to the foothill of majestic Annapurna
- Scenic short mountain flight to Pokhara
- Beautiful view of sunrises and sunsets from Poonhill in clear morning
- Stay at Ghandruk, Tadapani, and other Gurung Villages
- Visit numerous Stupas and cross the suspension bridges along the way
- Experience of a unique culture of the remote Himalayan
- Stunning view of the many mountain peaks
Annapurna Base Camp weather in July:
Annapurna Base Camp in July marks the summer – it’s the wettest month in the year. The monsoon coincides with summer making it pleasurably warm. As you climb to the higher elevation, the precipitation will be less. The route above 4000m will only receive very little rain. And since the rainfall usually occurs during afternoon and night, you can trek during the warm mornings.
The average daily temperature in the Annapurna region in July is around 17-degree centigrade. The night temperature in the base camp can fall as low to 2 degrees. Even during July, you need zero degrees sleeping bag for the night. You can also check the climate in June.
Duration of Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
The duration of Annapurna Base Camp Trek depends on the trekking package you choose. The package ranges from 7 to 15 days.
Physical Fitness for Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp Trek is not a piece of cake. You need to walk uphill for 6/8 hours on a daily basis. So, anyone with lungs and heart problem should not attempt to the Base Camp without doctors concern.
Accommodation in Annapurna in July:
Most of the tea houses in the Annapurna region provide you basic accommodation in July. As there is only less number of trekkers during July, you get to choose from any available tea houses. If you are trekking in the Annapurna region during July, you don’t even need to pre-book your rooms.
Annapurna in July with or without a Guide:
During the month of July, it is suggested to hire a guide during the trek. An experienced guide will have aware you about the weather conditions and hence provide you all necessary information on the trails. And since their will only be only a few trekkers in the trail, there is also the probability of getting lost if you trek without a guide.
Tips for Annapurna Base Camp in July:
- Start on your treks very early in the morning as afternoon might receive the rain
- Carry enough warm clothes
- Get a local porter to carry your loads
- Learn to enjoy while walking in the rain;
- Explore the beauty of many wildflowers and wildlife on the trails.
Trekking in the Annapurna Base Camp in July is possible with proper preparation. All you need is a flexible time schedule and right gares. Yes, the rain obviously makes the trails a bit more challenging, yet it’s a unique and rewarding adventure.
Contact us here to book your Annapurna Base Camp in July. You can trust us for the best arrangements.