The Annapurna Base Camp and circuit in April shines like a new bride in whites. As April in Nepal marks the springtime, you will get to cross the forests full of rhododendrons blooms, cascading rivers and waterfalls. The trek to the foothills of Himalayas is always rewarding, but it’s more fun when the temperature is moderate and the weather is stable. Annapurna Base Camp in April is an awesome choice. The trek to 4200m above sea level at the base of the world’s 10th beautiful county makes this trek a perfect outing for travel enthusiasts.
Trekking Annapurna Base Camp in April means heart of rhododendron forests you cross different villages like Ulleri, Ghorepani, Chhomrong, and Ghandruk. You will visit these area even if you take Annapurna Circuit Trek in April. Getting to interact with locals and sharing their happiness and sorrows will add fun to your trek. During the trail, you can enjoy the view of majestic mountain peaks as Annapurna Ranges, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri, Mardi Himal, Nilgiri, and so on. Here is a detail Annapurna Base Camp and circuit in April.
Annapurna Base Camp and circuit in April Highlights:
- Perennial rivers along the trail and the enticing waterfalls
- Spectacular sunrise and sunset views from the Poon Hill
- A 360-degree panorama of the chain of Himalayas
- Trek to two base camps- Macchapuchre Base Camp and Annapurna Base Camp in the same trip
- Delve into the forests decorated in rhododendrons and magnolias
- Celebrate Nepali New Year
Annapurna Base Camp Weather in April:
With no doubt, Annapurna Base Camp and circuit in April is the best choice. You can feel the pleasantness of mountain air and the aroma of different flower everywhere. Trekkers can walk in the warm weather without worrying about the rain, snow, and cold.
You can witness the view mountain view in the crisp cloudless sky during April. The lower altitudes have the daytime temperature of around 10-degree Celsius but the nighttime temperature still remains around the freezing point. You should also be informed about the climate in May.
Annapurna Base Camp Difficulty?
Annapurna Base Camp and circuit in April is always a moderate trek. It doesn’t demand advanced physical fitness or any previous trekking experiences.
And when it’s dry and warm, the trek is even more pleasant. The colorful wildflower added to the beautiful hills makes the fun double. So, there is no risk for ABC trek in April due to the stable climate and weather. And if you choose through the Ghorepani trail, your body gets well adapted with high altitude along the trail.
Trekker with previous high-altitude trek experiences is obviously a plus, but you can go well even without one. With the right preparations, you can make Annapurna Base Camp and circuit in April
Annapurna Base Camp and circuit in April Accommodation:
As April marks the pleasant spring, it’s the perfect time for alluring that natural beauty which attracts lots of trekkers.
You don’t have to worry about getting a room in Kathmandu or Pokhara. Even at the lower elevation like Ulleri, Poonhill, and Ghandruk, there will be enough tea houses. But with the increasing elevations, you will only have fewer options for accommodation. So you might have to book the room in advance (Ps: your trekking agency arranges the room).
The tea house will have a small private room with twin beds which cost around $3 to $6. The rooms are usually small but tidy.
Trekking Permits for Annapurna:
Annapurna Conservation Area Project permit cost the US $2 for SAARC countries and the US $30, for other nationals while the Trekkers’ Information Management System card Cost US $20.
Tips to Annapurna Trek in April
- As the weather high altitude is quite unpredictable, be prepared even for the worst time
- As spring is a busy season for Annapurna region trekking, you need to a book for accommodations earlier.
- It’s wise to start the trek after early morning breakfast so that you can reach your destination earlier.
- Pack some warm clothes for the morning and evening and sleeping bags for the night
- Hire a porter to carry your loads if you want an easy walk
- Take enough time to acclimatize your body
- Stay hydrate- Drink a lot of safe and non-polluted water
- Carry enough cash as there are no ATMs in the ABC route.
The heavenly view of the majestic Himalayas is always captivating. But the perfect weather and blooms of April make it even better. Annapurna Base Camp and circuit in April is definitely fun.
Let us make your tour better with the right trekking Itinerary. Contact us here to book your trek.